Viewer Comments: Rectal Bleeding - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Rectal Bleeding:

Rectal Bleeding - Experience

Please share your experience with rectal bleeding.

Comment from: BRi, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: January 30

This is from my personal experience, no actual scientific proof. I was eating a frozen fruit, triple-berry mix every day, thawed, with cereal, including blackberries. I started having rectal bleeding, sometimes it was painful going to bathroom. I read everything I could on the web; frightening. One day I realized when I'm chewing, that some of the fruit have a very hard, sharp texture. I narrowed it down to the blackberries. I thought, 'if they feel sharp in my mouth, perhaps they could also cut soft tissue in my bowels or rectum.' I stopped eating blackberries. Soon the bleeding decreased. I wonder if it took a little time to heal. Fairly soon the bleeding stopped and has not returned. Someone should experiment with this, and leave feedback if you are experiencing the same and eating blackberries. I could be wrong, but that's my experience.

Comment from: rosy1, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 12

I had been suffering from rectal bleeding for the past 6 months, and was taking medications, but with no relief. I later took a cup of cold milk with equal volume of lemon juice empty stomach for three days. It has been a week, I don't see the bleeding.

Comment from: carolina, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 02

Sometimes I bleed rectally when I go the bathroom. It happens sometimes not always.

Must Read Articles Related to Rectal Bleeding

Colon Cancer
Colon Cancer The human colon is a muscular, tube-shaped organ measuring about 4 feet long. It extends from the end of your small bowel to your anus. Most colon cancers start...learn more >>
Colonoscopy
Colonoscopy Colonoscopy is a procedure used to view the inside of the learn more >>
Foreign Body in Rectum
Foreign Body, Rectum The majority of foreign bodies (objects) placed in the rectum have been placed through the anus. Examples of foreign objects in the rectum include bottles, cand...learn more >>