Rectal Pain Topic Guide
Rectal Pain: Rectal pain is a common problem. Some common causes of rectal pain include hemorrhoids, anal fissures, fleeting anal spasms (proctalgia fugax), and levator ani syndrome. Diagnosis of rectal pain generally require no procedures. Treatment of rectal pain depends on the cause of the pain.
Rectal Cancer The rectum is the lower part of the colon that connects the large bowel to the anus. The rectum's primary function is to store formed stool in preparation for evacuation.
- Being There for Your Child With Type 1 Diabetes
- Your Premature Baby: Milestones for the First 18 Months
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication