Rectal Prolapse (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Rectal Prolapse Treatment
Many cases of rectal prolapse are caused by constipation or straining, but correcting these may not be enough to correct the prolapse. Most prolapsed rectums worsen without surgery.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 7/30/2015
George Lazarou, MD, FACOG
Simmy Bank, MD, MB, ChB
Mary L Windle, PharmD
BS Anand, MD
- Should You Have Surgery?
- Understand Your Treatment Options for Constipation
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication