Rectal Prolapse (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Self-Care at Home
For infants and children, reducing the need to strain during bowel movements with stool softeners may correct a prolapsed rectum. Strapping the child's buttocks together between bowel movements may cause the rectum to heal on its own. A doctor should always be consulted before any attempt to treat this condition at home.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 7/30/2015
George Lazarou, MD, FACOG
Simmy Bank, MD, MB, ChB
Mary L Windle, PharmD
BS Anand, MD
- Should You Have Surgery?
- Understand Your Treatment Options for Constipation
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication