Rectal Prolapse (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Stool softeners, such as sodium docusate (Colace) or calcium docusate (Surfak), may be used to reduce pain and straining during bowel movements. Bulk agents, such as psyllium (Metamucil or Fiberall) or methylcellulose (Citrucel) may also be used.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 7/30/2015
George Lazarou, MD, FACOG
Simmy Bank, MD, MB, ChB
Mary L Windle, PharmD
BS Anand, MD
- Should You Have Surgery?
- Understand Your Treatment Options for Constipation
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication