Renal Artery Stenosis (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Renal Artery Stenosis Risk Factors and Causes
The most common cause of renal artery stenosis is atherosclerosis, the same condition that causes narrowing of the arteries in coronary heart disease and stroke, and the risk factors are the same as well. Cholesterol plaques build up along the walls of the renal artery and gradually cause narrowing. Risk factors for renal artery stenosis include:
Other causes of stenosis (narrowing) of the renal artery include:
Must Read Articles Related to Renal Artery Stenosis
Heart Health Resources
- Tips for Living With AFib
- Will Health Reform Affect You?
- Know these 6 Serious Medical Symptoms of Afib
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Can Baby Catch Eczema?
- How to Get Beautiful, Dandruff-Free Hair