Viewer Comments: Rhabdomyolysis - Describe Your Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Rhabdomyolysis:

Rhabdomyolysis - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with Rhabdomyolysis.

Comment from: traderjo, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: September 10

Five years ago I joined the Jupiter study of Crestor. I felt pain and muscle weakness with dark colored urine after the second month. I stopped the Crestor, and the pain subsided after a few days, but I still had all the other symptoms, vertigo, fatigue, weakness in my legs. Now after 5 years I feel that the symptoms have gotten worse except for the vertigo. At the time Astra Zeneca said to go to my family doctor who did blood work. He said there was no Kidney/liver damage.

Comment from: yaya704, (Caregiver) Published: September 11

I am a 63 year old healthy athletic male. I used to jog a lot but now speed bike a lot, about 100 miles per week. I over trained in late 2011 by biking two days in a row to keep up with younger guys. I live in hot Florida. Several days later, my urine turned dark reddish brown, and my heart rate at rest went to over 200. I could not eat or get out of bed. After three days in bed I called a nurse friend of mine who wanted to put me in the hospital. Blood tests confirmed rhabdomyolysis, but about two weeks later, all was well.

Comment from: david, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: August 21

This is my fifth week since diagnosis and I am still weak, tired, thirsty, and above all out of breath. I just walked slowly for 20 minutes and I am exhausted. I was diagnosis exertional rhabdomyolysis. I'm 59.

Comment from: erie, 35-44 Male (Caregiver) Published: July 19

My husband was diagnosed with rhabdomyolysis. He has been hospitalized for two weeks with IV intake. He is not getting any better. The swelling of his feet, legs, ankles, and arms are horrible. He can't even lift his own legs to really walk and get in bed.

Must Read Articles Related to Rhabdomyolysis

Chemical Burns
Chemical Burns Chemical burns are irritation and destruction of human tissue from exposure to chemicals. Chemical learn more >>
Drug Overdose
Drug Overdose Overdoses of drugs or chemicals can be either accidental or intentional. Drug overdoses occur when a person takes more than the medically recommended dose. Over...learn more >>
Epilepsy
Epilepsy Epilepsy is a condition in which the brain repea...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Rhabdomyolysis:

Rhabdomyolysis - Treatment

What was the treatment for your rhabdomyolysis?

Rhabdomyolysis - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with your rhabdomyolysis?