Viewer Comments: Rhabdomyolysis - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Rhabdomyolysis:

Rhabdomyolysis - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with your rhabdomyolysis?

Comment from: d breaux, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 14

I was a marathon runner training at 90 miles a week, swimming 12 hours a week and cycling 12 hours a week. After about two years I noticed strawberry color u/a which over a month turned to cola color. I'm an RN and my husband is a OB/GYN and we didn't know what it was! Went to urologist and had cystoscope and was diagnosed with rhabdomyolysis. We runners are stubborn and I kept running and increased my water intake. This worked. I did develop a kidney stone the next year due to dehydration and it was a huge stone. It had to be surgically removed with a basket through urethra and I had stints. Still ran until I damaged my nerves which triggered fibromyalgia (no one really knows what causes fibromyalgia, though). After that diagnosis, I retired from running and walked 10 miles a day at a 9 minute pace. Miss running a lot. Be careful!

Comment from: chihuahua pup, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 14

In my experience with rhabdomyolysis, I had very severe thigh muscle pain almost like a paralysis; back pain, tendons under my heel and feet painful, shortness of breath, palpitations, reduced kidney function, and elevated creatinine levels.

Must Read Articles Related to Rhabdomyolysis

Chemical Burns
Chemical Burns Chemical burns can occur in the home, at work or school, and as a result of accident or assault. Although few people in the United States die after contact with...learn more >>
Drug Overdose
Drug Overdose Overdoses of drugs or chemicals can be either accidental or intentional. Drug overdoses occur when a person takes more than the medically recommended dose. Howe...learn more >>
Epilepsy
Epilepsy Epilepsy is a condition in which a person has recurrent seizures. A seizure is defined as an abnormal, disorderly discharging of the brain's nerve cells, result...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Rhabdomyolysis:

Rhabdomyolysis - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with Rhabdomyolysis.

Rhabdomyolysis - Treatment

What was the treatment for your rhabdomyolysis?