Viewer Comments: Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) - Diet

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA):

Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) - Diet

Have you made dietary changes that have improved your RA symptoms and signs? If so, please describe these changes.

Comment from: Beth, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 01

I was suffering from really bad pains in my hands, feet, wrists, and shoulders especially first thing in the morning. Sometimes the pain would last throughout the day with very little relief. I had read a lot about the treatments for rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and decided that I wanted to see if I could manage my symptoms through diet. I found that a dairy and gluten free diet has worked for me and my symptoms have gone. If I do cheat on the diet, I can feel the effects so I know what's triggering the pains. I found this has really worked for me. It's tough at the start, but persevere, I think it's worth it.

Must Read Articles Related to Rheumatoid Arthritis

Arthritis
Arthritis Arthritis is inflammation of the joints. Causes include injury, abnormal metabolism (such as gout), inheritance (such as in osteoarthritis), infections (such as...learn more >>
Chronic Pain
Chronic Pain Chronic pain is pain that persists for a period of six months or longer, and is the result of a long-standing medical condition(s) or damage to the body. Common...learn more >>
Iritis
Iritis Iritis, or anterior uveitis, is an inflammation on the front part of the eye called the iris, which is the colored part of the eye that opens and closes the pup...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA):

Rheumatoid Arthritis - Treatment

What was the treatment for your rheumatoid arthritis?

Rheumatoid Arthritis - Medications

What medications have been effective at treating your rheumatoid arthritis?

Rheumatoid Arthritis - Early Symptoms and Signs

The symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis (RA) can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your symptoms at the onset of your disease?