Viewer Comments: Ringworm on Body - Describe Your Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Ringworm on Body:

Ringworm on Body - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with ringworm. What treatments helped?

Comment from: colliegirl, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 26

I treated my ringworm with Tea Tree Oil. It works and stops the itching immediately. I also tried campho-phenique but did not get results.

Comment from: el mel, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: May 25

Have had ringworm on back, legs, trunk, chest, and arms for over two years. Scrapings have confirmed. Used several topical prescriptions: ketaconozole, betamethasondiphopionate, triamcinolone, clindamycin phosphate, ertaczo, etc. Some work temporarily lessening the appearance only to return. I have also takes lamisil internally twice. Nothing seems to knock it out. I have also taken probiotics, tried aloe, peroxide, alcohol, and anti-biotic ointments. Recently I have tried garlic oil and cider vinegar which seems to work as well as the prescriptions. I am ready to give up and accept it as a lifetime burden. My next experiment will be bleach.

Comment from: trinity, Published: August 10

This is something that my grandma did when I was little: grab a clove of garlic, cut it, and put the garlic oil on the area. This should clear up in about 3 days.

Comment from: bell, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 06

I have had ringworms since last year August and I am still suffering for it. I have applied several tubes of over the counter antifungal cream of different brands but it is not helping. I have also been to a skin doctor who prescribes oral medication. I have been seeing him since March this year and it's not helping. I have just got another course of pills (Unitrac) to last me the next seven days. However he warns that after this course if I wish to purchase some more Unitrac, I will have to do a blood test to see if there is any side effect.

Comment from: medarte, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 22

I have ring worm for eight months. First the doctors said I had staph infections. I was in such pain and itching made me go crazy. I am being treated for ring worm now. I found taking a salt bath and then putting on Iodine on all lesions helped me more. This is the worst thing I have ever gone through. I am still suffering after almost a year of medicines. I hope to God I get over this and never get it again.

Comment from: okcheart, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: February 01

I have had a VERY severe ongoing case and I didn't know one could get it in the scalp, and had it for at least a year and a half before realizing it. What embarrassed me the most is that nobody mentioned it or would tell me and I was so shocked that I had been scratching my head in private-crying, not knowing what it was that might be wrong.

Comment from: Patient Guy, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: January 08

I have ringworm now, and used an over-the-counter medicine to start treating it. The medicine wasn't working, so within a week, I made a doctors appointment and was seen and given an Rx cream. So far, after one day of applying, the skin seems to be drying up and it has become very itchy but, I am not itching it. It was on several parts of my body including my right shoulder, my right leg just down behind the knee, and on my left "love handle" and right "love handle". I believe it to be getting better because it is looking better, but the itching is making me go insane!

Comment from: Hal Blanton, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: December 21

I rarely experience ringworm fungal irritation, but since beginning to use steam room following exercise I have found it breaks out in one area, upper left arm, occasionally. Treated with antifungal cream and 200MG of Ketoconazole it dissipates, but it requires several weeks to rid myself of it. I have quit using the steam bath for fear that the high temperatures trigger the reoccurrences. I have advised health club management that cleanliness of the steam room itself may also be a factor, although it appears clean. I know of no other treatment other than that described. However, with the oral anti-fungal, upset stomach is routine but tolerable.

Must Read Articles Related to Ringworm on Body

Athlete's Foot
Athlete's Foot Athlete's foot is a superficial skin infection of the foot caused by a moldlike fungus.learn more >>
Jock Itch
Jock Itch Jock itch is an itchy groin rash that may be caused by a bacterial or fungal infection. Symptoms include an itchy red area in a skin fold. The rash may be raise...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Ringworm on Body:

Ringworm on Body - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your ringworm?

Ringworm on Body - Treatment

What was the effective treatment for your ringworm?

Ringworm on Body - Causes

What caused your ringworm?