Viewer Comments: Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever:

Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever - Treatment

How was your Rocky Mountain spotted fever treated?

Comment from: Johngoin, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: March 22

I got 2 ticks off the back of my neck. I didn't pay it any mind, ticks were a normal part of summer or so I thought. I worked out of town with this sickness for 2 weeks before I got in to see the doctor. I thought I had the flu or that my blood pressure had gone through the roof, I felt like my head was going to explode. I lost all of my balance and I had gotten slurred speech and was sweating like I was inside a solid heater. I thought I was going to die. Well, now after the treatment for Rocky Mountain spotted fever I cannot be in direct sunlight. It feels like my brain is swelling up in my skull, I start slurring my speech and am ready to pass out. It makes me sick for days if I get too hot. A migraine headache can't touch what it does to me. So obviously I didn't seek treatment soon enough. Now I cannot work because of this and hopefully Social Security Disability office will see what it's done to me and take it for what it is. A deadly disease that could kill or at times wish you did die. Yes it is that bad.

Must Read Articles Related to Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever

Abdominal Pain (Adults)
Abdominal Pain in Adults Abdominal pain in adults can range from a mild stomach ache to severe pain. Examples of causes of abdominal pain in adults include learn more >>
Abdominal Pain in Children
Abdominal Pain in Children Abdominal pain in children can range from trivial to life-threatening. Some possible causes of abdominal pain in children are: infections, food related (food al...learn more >>
Diarrhea
Diarrhea Diarrhea can be caused by bacterial or viral infections, parasites, intestinal diseases or conditions, reactions to medications, and food intolerance. Symptoms ...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever:

Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever - Symptoms

What symptoms and signs did you experience with Rocky Mountain spotted fever?