Viewer Comments: Rotator Cuff Injury - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Rotator Cuff Injury:

Rotator Cuff Injury - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with your rotator cuff injury?

Comment from: LornaG, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 11

I recently had surgery on my spine. A few days later I noticed a pain in the area of my muscle in my left arm. I thought it was due to the blood pressure cuff being on my arm throughout my operation, but on speaking to the consultant yesterday at my check-up he said it was my rotator cuff which was probably caused by the way I was positioned on the operating table and that the pain will go away in time.

I have a deep ache in my shoulders.

Comment from: trevor, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: February 06

I have pain in my left shoulder and in my neck. I cannot lie on my left side when sleeping. I am waiting to have X-rays and an ultrasound. This is very painful at the moment.

Comment from: Painful Night in GA, 45-54 Female Published: January 24

I am a 50 year female. My left shoulder is losing its range of motion. It starts as an ache that is sometimes in the back of my shoulder and sometimes in the front. There are times the ache is a burning sensation that radiates down to my fore arm. My heart is in good shape, so it's not that. I can still use my left arm, but trying to scratch my middle or lower back causes enough pain, where I usually cry out. Sleeping on my left side is out. Even if I roll over on it while I'm sleeping, it eventually wakes me with a aching pain. Sometimes, there is tightness in my neck, on the left side, as well I don't have insurance, and I don't feel this qualifies as an emergency room visit, but it is getting worse.

I was in a car accident and I cannot put my hand behind my back. The pain in my shoulder is unbearable. I just had an MRI scan where it looked like there were bits of bone in the muscle area.

Comment from: Sue 219, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 18

I am a 59.5 year old female taking medication for osteoporosis, which I have had for over seven years, but which my previous doctor failed to diagnose. My new doctor diagnosed it 2 years ago - alarm bells rang the first time I walked into her surgery and she noticed my left shoulder sitting considerably higher than my right. When she received the x-rays she immediately saw the low impact fracture that had happened previously that my previous doctor "thought" was a slipped disk and never followed up on. The pain is constant and almost unbearable -- about an 8 on a scale of 10. Nothing I do eases it and I am really getting to the point where I want to chop the arm off!

I fell over an armrest of a couch as a child. Long story short I was in the hospital for almost 7 months! I could hardly move until I suddenly was able to move again except my arms! I'm 24 now and feel my arms are weaker as I get older. I can't lift them above my head or outward away from my body. Until this day I have yet to know what exactly is wrong with my arms and to be honest I'm a bit scared! I am supposed to get an MRI done next month wish me luck please!

Must Read Articles Related to Rotator Cuff Injury

Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) is a scanner that takes cross-sectional images of the body. It is used to evaluate tissues of the head, neck, chest, limbs, abd...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Rotator Cuff Injury:

Rotator Cuff Injury - How Did You Injure

How did you injure your rotator cuff? Tell us about your injury.

Rotator Cuff Injury - Treatments

What treatments or physical therapy did you do for your rotator cuff injury?