Viewer Comments: Ruptured Tendon - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Ruptured Tendon:

Ruptured Tendon - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your ruptured tendon?

Comment from: Monahsetah, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 18

In 2007, I ruptured my right posterior tibial tendon. In 2011, I ruptured my left posterior tibial tendon. In both instances, I stood up from a seated position, I heard a pop, felt sudden severe pain and burning in my instep radiating up into my ankle, then I fell and could no longer stand on the affected foot/ankle. There was immediate bruising and swelling.

Comment from: metrykid, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: February 02

I have ruptured tending on the index finger. I am unable to bend the finger at the knuckle.

Comment from: G, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: January 30

Just been told I have snapped the main tendon in my shoulder from a sports injury from six months ago. I have aching when lying down. I have pain when I lift up my arm and I am unable to draw my arm across my body or fully away from my body.

Comment from: sue, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 13

I had pain in radial wrist while lifting lid off a large coffee can. Then bruising at the site, and later a knot appeared, which was profound when rotating my thumb.

Comment from: M. F., 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: May 16

I had been taking Crestor far too long. When I read that it was jeopardizing my tendons, I realized why my tendon on my scapula had torn when I lifted even a small cart of veggies. I felt it tear! I had not been told of the effect on tendons by taking Crestor or any other statin until it was too late.

Comment from: Joseph, 45-54 Male (Caregiver) Published: May 12

I ruptured a tendon in my arm and I've been having a lot of pain between upper and lower arm around joint.

Must Read Articles Related to Ruptured Tendon

Achilles Tendon Rupture
Achilles Tendon Rupture The Achilles tendon, or tendon calcaneus, is a large ropelike band of fibrous tissue in the back of the ankle that connects the powerful calf muscles to the hee...learn more >>