IN THIS ARTICLE
The cause of sarcoidosis still remains unknown, so there is at present no known way to prevent or cure this disease.
While there is no specific cure for the disease, doctors have had a great deal of experience in management of the illness as described above. It should be noted that most people with sarcoidosis lead normal lives.
Medically reviewed by Jay B. Zatzkin, MD; American Board of Internal Medicine with subspecialty in Medical Oncology
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 7/28/2014
Must Read Articles Related to Sarcoidosis
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Sarcoidosis:
Sarcoidosis - Diagnosis
How was your sarcoidosis diagnosed?
Sarcoidosis - Symptoms
What were the symptoms of your sarcoidosis?
Sarcoidosis - Describe Your Experience
Please describe your experience with sarcoidosis.
- Are You Managing Your RA?
- Arthritis and Lyme Disease
- Treating OA: Should You Give Injectables a Shot?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?