Schizophrenia: Helping Someone Deal With Negative Symptoms
The negative symptoms of schizophrenia can be hard to treat. Medicines don't always work well for these symptoms, which include finding little or no pleasure in life and feeling no emotions.
Negative symptoms may be harder to deal with than positive symptoms, because they often are long-lasting and may make your loved one appear to be concerned only about himself or herself. These symptoms include not caring about things, having no interest in things, and not taking care of oneself.
To help you deal with your loved one's negative symptoms:
eMedicineHealth Medical Reference from Healthwise
To learn more visit Healthwise.org
© 1995-2012 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.
Mental Health Resources
- Bipolar or Schizophrenia? How to Tell
- Help Your Depression Treatment Work
- Insurance Coverage for Mental Health Care
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?