Schizophrenia: Helping Someone Who Is Paranoid
You may be able to tell when someone is paranoid. The person may accuse others of trying to harm him or her or may look around fearfully. The person may talk about protecting himself or herself from attack.
Here are ways to help the person who is paranoid:
To help with situations that may cause paranoia:
eMedicineHealth Medical Reference from Healthwise
To learn more visit Healthwise.org
© 1995-2012 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.
Mental Health Resources
- Bipolar or Schizophrenia? How to Tell
- Help Your Depression Treatment Work
- Insurance Coverage for Mental Health Care
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?