Schizophrenia: Warning Signs of Violence
Violence is one of the reasons someone with schizophrenia needs hospitalization. It is a way to protect the person or those around him or her until the delusions or hallucinations often associated with the violence pass.
Common signs that can indicate someone with schizophrenia may become violent include:
eMedicineHealth Medical Reference from Healthwise
To learn more visit Healthwise.org
© 1995-2014 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.
Mental Health Resources
- Bipolar or Schizophrenia? How to Tell
- Help Your Depression Treatment Work
- Insurance Coverage for Mental Health Care
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication