Viewer Comments: Sciatica - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Sciatica:

Sciatica - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your sciatica?

Comment from: zahid khan, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: September 01

I am suffering from what it looks to me as sciatica because all the symptoms I have are similar to sciatica. My problem is that I was suffering for the first 5 months from lower back pain which was just a little pain but that was persistent. So I went to different doctors but they were prescribing mostly pain killer which is actually not the solution. I even went to physiotherapy but I could not stop myself from playing volleyball so anyway I thought I would get better with the physiotherapy by a particular exercise. But with that exercise my pain shifted from the back to one leg and thigh and now I cannot sit or turn in bed to either side, although while standing I feel ok.

Comment from: eddie, 45-54 Male (Caregiver) Published: July 17

I have sciatica lower back pain that goes down my right leg.

Comment from: dianne, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 11

My injury occurred more than twenty years ago, I was almost beaten to death and the people involved never charged. Today at 51 and after years of medical neglect, I am suffering. I was never told the seriousness of the injury back then and it was considered that because I was only 17 it would heal on its own. Three years ago I found myself in pain and unable to lie on the x-ray table due to this and had a CT scan instead. The vertebra is deteriorating and the sciatic nerve is squashed from narrowing of the nerve canal. I now constantly feel cold and shiver for no reason even with the heater on or wearing extra clothing in summer.

Must Read Articles Related to Sciatica

Abscess An abscess is has several causes and can appear on many parts of the body, such as the dental, vaginal, and rectal areas. In general, home remedies or cures are...learn more >>
Blood Clots
Blood Clots Blood is supposed to clot to help repair a blood vessel that is injured. Clots or thrombi become a problem when they form inappropriately. There are a variety o...learn more >>
Chronic Pain
Chronic Pain Chronic pain is pain that persists for a period of six months or longer, and is the result of a long-standing medical condition(s) or damage to the body. Common...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Sciatica:

Sciatica - Treatments

What treatments have been helpful with your sciatica?

Sciatica - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with sciatica.