Font Size

Scoliosis (cont.)

Next Steps


If your child is referred by the school for a scoliosis evaluation, you should make an appointment to see your pediatrician within the next month or so. Your pediatrician can then evaluate your child and decide whether they should be monitored with a repeat exam or referred to a specialist.

If your child is treated with a brace or surgery, you should follow the instructions provided by your doctor.

Medical Author:
Next Page:

Must Read Articles Related to Scoliosis

Back Pain
Back Pain Back pain may be caused by sciatica, a herniated disc, spinal stenosis, fibromyalgia, injury and pregnancy. Possible symptoms include pain that radiates down t...learn more >>

Patient Comments & Reviews

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Scoliosis:

Scoliosis - Treatment

What treatment did you receive for your scoliosis?

Read What Your Physician is Reading on Medscape

Idiopathic Scoliosis »

Idiopathic scoliosis is the most common type of spinal deformity confronting orthopedic surgeons.

Read More on Medscape Reference »

Parenting Know-How: We've hand-picked our best pregnancy, baby and parenting content just for you

Medical Dictionary