Definition of Acupressure
Acupressure: A traditional Chinese medicine bodywork technique based on the principles of acupuncture. Acupressure is the application of pressure rather than needles on specific points on the body to control symptoms such as pain or nausea.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 10/30/2013
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Complementary Medicine Resources
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- Relaxation Techniques for Migraines
- Can Yogurt Cure a Yeast Infection?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?