Definition of Asbestosis
Asbestosis: A condition featuring scarring of the lungs caused by inhaled asbestos fibers. Asbestosis is irreversible.
Asbestosis can also lead to lung cancer or to mesothelioma, a cancer of the lining on the surface of the lung.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 10/30/2013
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
- Being There for Your Child With Type 1 Diabetes
- Your Premature Baby: Milestones for the First 18 Months
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication