Definition of Agnosia
Agnosia: An inability to recognize sensory inputs such as light, sound, and touch). Agnosia is typically a result of brain injury. For example, damaging the back part of the brain can cause visual agnosia (inability to properly recognize objects by sight).Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/19/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Women's Health Resources
- Can You Prevent a Yeast Infection?
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- Tips for Dealing With Menopause Symptoms
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Can Baby Catch Eczema?
- How to Get Beautiful, Dandruff-Free Hair