Definition of Catatonic
Catatonic: 1. Characterized by marked motor abnormalities including immobility (catalepsy or stupor), excessive motor activity (purposeless agitation), extreme negativism, mutism, posturing or stereotyped movements,
echolalia, and/or echopraxia.
Last Editorial Review: 8/28/2013
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Mental Health Resources
- Depression Treatment Tips
- Insurance Coverage for Mental Health Care
- 6 Tips for Getting an ADHD Child to Eat
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?