Definition of Catatonic
Catatonic: 1. Characterized by marked motor abnormalities including immobility (catalepsy or stupor), excessive motor activity (purposeless agitation), extreme negativism, mutism, posturing or stereotyped movements,
echolalia, and/or echopraxia.
Last Editorial Review: 8/28/2013
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Mental Health Resources
- Could I Have Binge Eating Disorder?
- 10 Problem That Could Mean Adult ADHD
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication