Definition of Sarcoma, metastatic
Sarcoma, metastatic: A sarcoma that is spreading into other body tissues through the lymphatic system. The most common site for metastatic sarcoma is the lungs, and there are usually multiple lesions (seen as spots on an X-ray, or as masses on a CT scan). Treatment is by chemotherapy and surgery, but prognosis is poor.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 9/20/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Is a Clinical Trial Right for You?
- The Immune System's Role in Cancer
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication