Definition of Schizophrenia, childhood
Schizophrenia, childhood: The onset of schizophrenia before adulthood. This condition is very rare in young children, but occurs with more frequency in the teenage years. Autism was once known as childhood schizophrenia, but is a completely different disorder.
See also autism, childhood disintegrative disorder, schizophrenia.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 8/28/2013
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Mental Health Resources
- Bipolar or Schizophrenia? How to Tell
- Help Your Depression Treatment Work
- Insurance Coverage for Mental Health Care
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Can Baby Catch Eczema?
- How to Get Beautiful, Dandruff-Free Hair