Definition of Split personality
Split personality: Multiple personality disorder, a neurosis in which the personality becomes dissociated into two or more distinct parts each of which becomes dominant and controls behavior from time to time to the exclusion of the other parts. A modern name for this condition is dissociative identity disorder.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 9/20/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Mental Health Resources
- Depression Treatment Tips
- Insurance Coverage for Mental Health Care
- 6 Tips for Getting an ADHD Child to Eat
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu