Definition of Split personality
Split personality: Multiple personality disorder, a neurosis in which the personality becomes dissociated into two or more distinct parts each of which becomes dominant and controls behavior from time to time to the exclusion of the other parts. A modern name for this condition is dissociative identity disorder.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 9/20/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Mental Health Resources
- Could I Have Binge Eating Disorder?
- 10 Problem That Could Mean Adult ADHD
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication