Definition of Enterostomy
Enterostomy: A surgical operation that opens the small intestine and brings it through the abdominal wall to create a new opening (a stoma) to permit intestinal draining. Like a colostomy, an enterostomy is a type of ostomy.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 10/30/2013
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Could Your Symptoms Be Lactose Intolerance?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Heartburn & Indigestion: Expert Answers
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?