Definition of Enterostomy
Enterostomy: A surgical operation that opens the small intestine and brings it through the abdominal wall to create a new opening (a stoma) to permit intestinal draining. Like a colostomy, an enterostomy is a type of ostomy.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 10/30/2013
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Are Antidiarrheals Safe for IBS?
- Is It Okay to Take a Stool Softener Every Day?
- Can Apple Cider Vinegar Help Digestion?
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu