Definition of Guided imagery
Guided imagery: An alternative medicine technique in which patients use their imagination to visualize improved health, or to 'attack' a disease, such as a tumor. Guided imagery may be utilized as complementary medicine in some oncology centers and other medical facilities.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/19/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Complementary Medicine Resources
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- 4 Vitamins and Minerals Adults Need
- Can Yogurt Cure a Yeast Infection?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?