Definition of Cheilitis
Cheilitis: Inflammation of the lips or of a lip. Cheilitis can also be spelled chilitis.
Angular cheilitis is inflammation and fissuring radiating from the commissures (angles) of the mouth secondary to predisposing factors such as nutritional deficiencies, atopic dermatitis, or Candida albicans (yeast) infection. Also called angular stomatitis, commissural cheilitis, or perlèche.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Nutrition and Healthy Eating Resources
- Could I Have Binge Eating Disorder?
- 11 No-Alcohol Drinks for Diabetes
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication