Definition of Macrobiotic diet
Macrobiotic diet: A diet that incorporates Ayurvedic principles of food combining, is based mainly on brown rice and vegetables, and claims to lengthen life. The macrobiotic diet is strictly not recommended for pregnant women or children and may not provide sufficient protein and nutrients for others.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/19/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Nutrition and Healthy Eating Resources
- Could I Have Binge Eating Disorder?
- 11 No-Alcohol Drinks for Diabetes
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication