Definition of Midwife, certified nurse
Midwife, certified nurse: A person with an associate's, bachelor's, or master's degree in nursing who has also completed specialized training in midwifery. Abbreviated CNM. In the US, CNMs must earn certification from the American College of Nurse Midwives.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/19/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Pregnancy and Parenting Resources
- 10 Tips to Soothe a Crying Baby
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- Pregnancy: What Does Insurance Cover?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?