Definition of Sarcoma botryoides
Sarcoma botryoides: A malignancy of the cervix, vagina, or bladder in infants and young children that arises from embryonal rhabdomyoblasts (ancestral muscle cells). The tumor resembles a bunch of grapes. It has a generally good prognosis with conservative surgery followed by chemotherapy. Also known as embryonal rhabdomyosarcoma.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 8/28/2013
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Is a Clinical Trial Right for You?
- The Immune System's Role in Cancer
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication