Definition of Pharmacologist
Pharmacologist: A specialist in the science of medications. A pharmacologist is usually especially knowledgeable about new and obscure medications that may be needed for hard-to-treat or rare illnesses and about drug interactions and how to prevent them. Pharmacologists usually act as consultants to primary care physicians or specialists.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/19/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Drugs and Treatment Resources
- Psoriasis Treatment Strategies for You and Your Doctor
- 4 Vitamins and Minerals Adults Need
- Is Hormone Replacement Therapy for You?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Can Baby Catch Eczema?
- How to Get Beautiful, Dandruff-Free Hair