Definition of Pharmacy, compounding
Pharmacy, compounding: A place that both makes and sells prescription medications. A compounding pharmacy can often concoct drug formulas that are specially tailored to patients (for example, liquid versions of medications that are normally available only in pill form for patients who cannot swallow pills).Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/19/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Drugs and Treatment Resources
- Psoriasis Treatment Strategies for You and Your Doctor
- 4 Vitamins and Minerals Adults Need
- Is Hormone Replacement Therapy for You?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Can Baby Catch Eczema?
- How to Get Beautiful, Dandruff-Free Hair