Definition of Radiation therapy, stereotactic
Radiation therapy, stereotactic: The use of a number of precisely aimed beams of ionizing radiation, each coming from a different direction and meeting at a specific point, to deliver radiation treatment to that spot.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/19/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Is a Clinical Trial Right for You?
- The Immune System's Role in Cancer
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication