Definition of Radioallergosorbent test
Radioallergosorbent test: An allergy test
done on a sample of blood. The test is used to check for
allergic sensitivity to specific substances. In the test, the sample of blood is mixed with substances known to trigger allergies. The test measures the level of allergy antibodies (specific IgE antibodies) in the blood which are present if there is a allergic reaction. Because Radioallergosorbent test is a mouthful, it is best known as RAST.
Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
- Allergic Rhinitis: Symptoms and Treatments
- Antihistamines vs. Decongestants
- Treating Severe Allergies
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?