Definition of Carotenemia
Carotenemia: An excessive blood level of carotene, which causes a temporary yellowing of the skin (pseudojaundice). Carotenemia is most commonly seen in infants fed too much mashed carrots and adults consuming high quantities of carrots, carrot juice, or beta carotene in supplement form.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/19/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Nutrition and Healthy Eating Resources
- Could I Have Binge Eating Disorder?
- 11 No-Alcohol Drinks for Diabetes
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication