Definition of Hepatoblastoma
Hepatoblastoma: A malignant tumor of the liver. Hepatoblastoma occurs almost exclusively in young children, more commonly in boys than in girls.
The diagnosis of hepatoblastoma is usually made after abdominal swelling (from liver enlargement caused by the tumor) is noticed. Although small tumors can sometimes be treated successfully with surgery, the prognosis with hepatoblastoma is generally poor.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Is It Okay to Take a Stool Softener Every Day?
- 9 Questions to Ask Before Having Surgery
- Your Treatment Options for Constipation
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication