Definition of Hepatoblastoma
Hepatoblastoma: A malignant tumor of the liver. Hepatoblastoma occurs almost exclusively in young children, more commonly in boys than in girls.
The diagnosis of hepatoblastoma is usually made after abdominal swelling (from liver enlargement caused by the tumor) is noticed. Although small tumors can sometimes be treated successfully with surgery, the prognosis with hepatoblastoma is generally poor.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Are Antidiarrheals Safe for IBS?
- Is It Okay to Take a Stool Softener Every Day?
- Can Apple Cider Vinegar Help Digestion?
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu