Definition of Hepatoblastoma
Hepatoblastoma: A malignant tumor of the liver. Hepatoblastoma occurs almost exclusively in young children, more commonly in boys than in girls.
The diagnosis of hepatoblastoma is usually made after abdominal swelling (from liver enlargement caused by the tumor) is noticed. Although small tumors can sometimes be treated successfully with surgery, the prognosis with hepatoblastoma is generally poor.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Could Your Symptoms Be Lactose Intolerance?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Heartburn & Indigestion: Expert Answers
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?