Toe, Foot, and Ankle Problems, Noninjury (cont.)
Preparing For Your Appointment
To prepare for your appointment, see the topic Making the Most of Your Appointment.
You can help your doctor diagnose and treat your condition by being prepared to answer the following questions:
- What are your main symptoms?
- How long have you had your symptoms?
- What were you doing when your symptoms started?
- Have you had this problem in the past? If so, do you know what caused the problem at that time? How was it treated?
- What activities related to sports, work, or your lifestyle, make your symptoms better or worse?
- Did foot problems begin after you started wearing new footwear?
- What home treatment have you tried? Did it help?
- What nonprescription medicines have you taken? Did they help?
- Have you started any new medicines or have you had a change in the dosage of a medicine?
- Do you have any health risks?