Hip Injuries, Age 12 and Older (cont.)
Preparing For Your Appointment
To prepare for your appointment, see the topic Making the Most of Your Appointment.
You can help your doctor diagnose and treat your condition by being prepared to answer the following questions:
- What are your main symptoms? How long have you had your symptoms?
- How and when did an injury occur?
- Have you had any injuries in the past to the same area? Do you have any continuing problems because of the previous injury?
- Do you have hip pain when you walk? How far can you walk without discomfort? Does the pain get better or worse as you continue to walk?
- What activities make your symptoms better or worse?
- What sports activities are you involved in? Have you recently started a new activity?
- Do you think that activities related to your job or hobbies caused your symptoms?
- What home treatment measures have you tried? Did they help?
- What nonprescription medicines have you tried? Did they help?
- What prescription and nonprescription medicines do you take?
- Do you have any health risks that may increase the seriousness of your symptoms?