Heat-Related Illnesses (cont.)
Preparing For Your Appointment
To prepare for your appointment, see the topic Making the Most of Your Appointment.
You can help your doctor diagnose and treat your condition by being prepared to answer the following questions:
- What are your main symptoms?
- How long have you had your symptoms? How severe are they?
- Have you had this problem before? If so, do you know what caused the problem at that time? How was it treated?
- What activity were you doing in a hot environment?
- Do you know what the temperature, humidity level, or heat index was when you started to have symptoms?
- What home treatment measures have you tried? Did they help?
- What prescription and nonprescription medicines do you take?
- Do you have any health risks?
|Primary Medical Reviewer||William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||H. Michael O'Connor, MD - Emergency Medicine|
|Last Revised||September 1, 2011|