Marine Stings and Scrapes (cont.)
Preparing For Your Appointment
To prepare for your appointment, see the topic Making the Most of Your Appointment.
You can help your doctor diagnose and treat your condition by being prepared to answer the following questions:
- What are your main symptoms?
- When did your symptoms begin? How have your symptoms developed, progressed, or changed since the sting?
- Do you know what you were stung by? Can you describe what stung you? Note: Bring a sample of the stinging organism with you if you can safely do so. A sample may help your doctor plan your treatment.
- When were you stung? How many times were you stung?
- Where were you when you were stung?
- Have you ever had an allergic reaction or a severe reaction to a similar sting?
- What steps have you tried at home to take care of this problem? Did they help?
- Do you have any health risks?
|Primary Medical Reviewer||William H. Blahd, Jr., MD, FACEP - Emergency Medicine|
|Specialist Medical Reviewer||David Messenger, MD|
|Last Revised||May 20, 2011|