Font Size

Reproductive Endocrinologist

Reproductive endocrinologists are medical doctors who specialize in the care and treatment of women who have trouble becoming pregnant or who have other reproductive or hormonal disorders. These doctors may also treat men, women, or children who are having other health problems that could affect their fertility.

Reproductive endocrinologists are gynecologists or internal medicine doctors (with training in endocrinology) who specialize in infertility. They may also be called reproductive specialists or fertility specialists.

Reproductive endocrinologists can be board-certified through the Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, which is recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties.

ByHealthwise Staff
Primary Medical ReviewerSarah Marshall, MD - Family Medicine
Specialist Medical ReviewerFemi Olatunbosun, MB, FRCSC - Obstetrics and Gynecology
Last RevisedDecember 7, 2011

eMedicineHealth Medical Reference from Healthwise

This information does not replace the advice of a doctor. Healthwise disclaims any warranty or liability for your use of this information. Your use of this information means that you agree to the Terms of Use. How this information was developed to help you make better health decisions.

To learn more visit

© 1995-2012 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.

Medical Dictionary