Definition of Anatomical snuffbox
Anatomical snuffbox: A hollow seen on the radial aspect (the thumbside) of the dorsum (the back) of the wrist when the thumb is extended fully. The reason that it is called the anatomical snuffbox is that snuff (powdered tobacco) could be put there and then inhaled.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Women's Health Resources
- Can You Prevent a Yeast Infection?
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- Tips for Dealing With Menopause Symptoms
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Can Baby Catch Eczema?
- How to Get Beautiful, Dandruff-Free Hair