Pinworms are a type of parasite that lives in the digestive system of humans. Most people get infected by touching something that has pinworm eggs on it and then swallowing them. Pinworms can be annoying, but they rarely cause serious health problems.
Treatment can kill pinworms. It also helps keep you from getting infected again and from spreading the infection to other people.
eMedicineHealth Medical Reference from Healthwise
To learn more visit Healthwise.org
© 1995-2014 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.
- Personalized Tips for Managing Migraine
- Do You Take Good Care of Your Eyes?
- Tips for a Clean Home & Healthy Cat