Definition of Distance healing
Distance healing: Healing in which people seek to help patients simply with the power of the mind. Distance healing can include anything from therapeutic touch -- in which practitioners, without touching their patients, try to alter their energy fields -- to praying for people who are ill.
Distance healing is part of the practice of alternative medicine.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Complementary Medicine Resources
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- Relaxation Techniques for Migraines
- Can Yogurt Cure a Yeast Infection?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?