Definition of Body image obsession
Body image obsession: Excessive concern about one's appearance. Some concern about one's appearance is normal. But an obsession with one's appearance is not. Body image obsession is also called body dysmorphic disorder.
The condition carries a high risk of suicide. Drug treatment can be lifesaving.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Mental Health Resources
- Depression Treatment Tips
- Insurance Coverage for Mental Health Care
- 6 Tips for Getting an ADHD Child to Eat
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Can Baby Catch Eczema?
- How to Get Beautiful, Dandruff-Free Hair