Diabetes-Related High and Low Blood Sugar Levels (cont.)
Preparing For Your Appointment
To prepare for your appointment, see the topic Making the Most of Your Appointment.
Questions to prepare for doctor appointment
You can help your doctor treat your condition by being prepared to answer the following questions:
- What steps did you take to correct your high or low blood sugar level? Did they help?
- Have you had signs of another illness?
- Have you made any recent changes in your diet, exercise, or medicines?
- What other prescription and nonprescription medicines do you take?
- Have you recently had increased emotional or physical stress?
- Have you noticed situations that trigger or may cause your high or low blood sugar problem?
- Have you noticed any patterns, such as time of day, when your high or low blood sugar problem occurs?
- Have you used a high blood sugar card(What is a PDF document?)? If so, be sure to bring it when you see your doctor.
- Do you have other health risks?
Be sure to take your daily blood sugar (glucose) monitoring logbook to your appointment. If you have specific records of your high(What is a PDF document?) and low(What is a PDF document?) blood sugar problems, be sure to take those records.
Parents will also need to keep records of their child's high or low(What is a PDF document?) blood sugar problems to share with their child's doctor.