Internal Hemorrhoids: First- to Fourth-Degree
A first-degree internal hemorrhoid bulges into the anal canal during bowel movements.
A second-degree internal hemorrhoid bulges from the anus during bowel movements, then goes back inside by itself.
A third-degree hemorrhoid bulges from the anus during bowel movements and must be pushed back in with a finger. A fourth-degree hemorrhoid protrudes from the anus all the time.
eMedicineHealth Medical Reference from Healthwise
To learn more visit Healthwise.org
© 1995-2014 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.
- Should You Have Surgery?
- Understand Your Treatment Options for Constipation
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication