Definition of Herbicide chemical 2,4-DCP
Herbicide chemical 2,4-DCP: A poisonous chemical used to produce a herbicide.
2,4-DCP (short for 2,4-dichlorophenol) is employed in the manufacture of the herbicide 2,4-D (which is short for 2,4-dichloropheoxyacetic acid).
2,4-DCP is so highly toxic that even a small amount on the skin can be lethal. Five chemical-plant workers died from 2,4-DCP exposure in the US from 1980 -98. There is no known antidote to 2,4-DCP poisoning.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Complementary Medicine Resources
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- Relaxation Techniques for Migraines
- Can Yogurt Cure a Yeast Infection?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?